Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars. Among our international artists are names such as Ariana Grande, Astrid S, Drake, Florence + The Machine, Julia Michaels, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Liam Payne, Lorde, Metallica, Post Malone, Rihanna, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd.
In the role of Data Analyst in the Insights & Analytics team, you are part of one of the most important features of Universal Music – through analysis and data, ensure that each department has the right information for decision-making. With the Senior Analyst, you will work cross-functionally with delivering data-driven insights throughout the organization, with a focus on Digital Sales & Marketing, Domestic, International and Creative Labs. To succeed, you will need to work closely with all other departments at Universal to understand their needs and problems.
- Identify and incorporate current requirements and trends for artist and music analysis.
- Develop strong relationships with the other departments of Universal Music, as well as help drive the effort to increase understanding of data and data analysis in the company.
- Aid in the acquisition, visualization and development of data, products and tools that can be used among various UMG departments.
- Create weekly and monthly reports on UMG’s performance on various platforms including Spotify, Apple, YouTube, social media & radio.
- Collaborate with the other analytical teams in the Nordic region to create new KPIs, hypotheses, theories and discoveries in ‘insights & analytics’ and present the results to key stakeholders at Universal Music in the form of reports, presentations and workshops.
- Deep understanding of quantitative research, as well as an ability to tell a story using data.
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research and data science methods (e.g. regression analysis, forecasting or focus groups) and ability to choose the appropriate approach to the problem.
- Strong presentation and project management skills. Due to working with international teams regularly, fluency and comfort in presenting in English is required.
- Understanding of overall media and technology trends and an interest in combining music and technology.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL or equivalent analytical tool is required. Experience in Google’s BigQuery, APIs and analytical/statistical languages (R, Python, etc.) is preferred. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio or Domo is a plus.
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights and guidance to loosely defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects.
- Previous experience in sales, branding, marketing or another customer/people focused area also a plus. Previous music industry experience not required but is meritorious.
- Experience: 1-4 years.
You will be in the Digital Sales, Marketing, Radio & Insights department. Please send your CV in English and personal letter to email@example.com. We will be interviewing continuously.