Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars. Among our international artists are names such as Ariana Grande, Astrid S, Drake, Florence + The Machine, Julia Michaels, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Liam Payne, Lorde, Metallica, Post Malone, Rihanna, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd.
In the role of Data Analyst in the Insights & Analytics team, you are part of one of the most important features of Universal Music – through analysis and data, ensure that each department has the right information for decision-making. With the Senior Analyst, you will work cross-functionally with delivering data-driven insights throughout the organization, with a focus on Digital Sales & Marketing, Domestic, International and Creative Labs. To succeed, you will need to work closely with all other departments at Universal to understand their needs and problems.
- Identify and incorporate current requirements and trends for artist and music analysis.
- Develop strong relationships with the other departments of Universal Music, as well as help drive the effort to increase understanding of data and data analysis in the company.
- Aid in the acquisition, visualization and development of data, products and tools that can be used among various UMG departments.
- Create weekly and monthly reports on UMG’s performance on various platforms including Spotify, Apple, YouTube, social media & radio.
- Collaborate with the other analytical teams in the Nordic region to create new KPIs, hypotheses, theories and discoveries in ‘insights & analytics’ and present the results to key stakeholders at Universal Music in the form of reports, presentations and workshops.
- Deep understanding of quantitative research, as well as an ability to tell a story using data.
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research and data science methods (e.g. regression analysis, forecasting or focus groups) and ability to choose the appropriate approach to the problem.
- Strong presentation and project management skills. Due to working with international teams regularly, fluency and comfort in presenting in English is required.
- Understanding of overall media and technology trends and an interest in combining music and technology.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL or equivalent analytical tool is required. Experience in Google’s BigQuery, APIs and analytical/statistical languages (R, Python, etc.) is preferred. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio or Domo is a plus.
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights and guidance to loosely defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects.
- Previous experience in sales, branding, marketing or another customer/people focused area also a plus. Previous music industry experience not required but is meritorious.
- Experience: 1-4 years.
You will be in the Digital Sales, Marketing, Radio & Insights department. Please send your CV in English and personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing continuously.Ansök
If you love music and feel that artists brands and communication could be much stronger than they are today, we just might have the perfect job for you.
We are looking for a creative copywriter to join our team, someone who can come up with killer ideas as well as write copy for everything from video scripts, interactive campaigns to social media posts.
Your mission is to push the boundaries for how music is communicated globally, both today and in the future. This means that no brief will ever be about a new online casino or the next iPhone killer. One of the many benefits of working for us!
IS THIS YOU? YOU…
- Have great social skills and love working in a creative team.
- Are humble and easy to work with.
- Are great at explaining and pitching your ideas.
- Have several years of experience with branding and creating brand identities.
- Have no problem working both big and small projects and can juggle several projects at the same time.
- Feel confident guiding artists when it comes to tone of voice and effective storytelling techniques.
- Are up to date about tech and culture.
- Are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Have a portfolio with examples of your copywriting and creative ideas/campaigns.
- Have studied advertising full time for at least 1 year.
This is a full-time employment and you will be based in Stockholm at Universal’s head office. You will work in a team of creators, designers and content producers at Creative Labs.
You can apply in both Swedish and English. Send your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.Ansök
Maila firstname.lastname@example.org ifall du vill ansöka om praktik på Universal Music . Tala om vilken utbildning du går, hur lång praktiktid du ska göra och inom vilket område. Ge gärna förslag på var du vill vara och vad du vill göra. Vi önskar en praktikant som kan vara här minst 3-6 månader. Bifoga brev, CV och gärna intyg om du har erfarenhet inom området.
De praktikanter vi tar emot ska gå en eftergymnasial utbildning, där praktiken ingår i utbildningens kursplan. Vi prioriterar de som går en utbildning som passar vårt rekryteringsbehov.