Accounting & Compliance Manager
Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with offices in more than 60 territories. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
We are now searching for an efficient, communicative, and analytical strong team player to join our Finance department as our new Accounting & Compliance Manager at our office in Stockholm. In this position you report to the Head of Accounting & Compliance and work closely with the Business control team and the Royalty Accounting team.
Your main responsibilities:
- You oversee financial transaction processing and reconciliations within the company, and ensure that the company’s control environment is operational and effective
- You perform and are responsible for pre-decided parts of the company’s monthly financial reporting to the Group
- You are highly involved in the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit
- You assist the team on technical accounting compliance requirements, developing knowledge throughout the team and with other directorates where appropriate to ensure compliance
- You perform VAT returns and prepare Income tax returns
- You support the Head of Accounting & Compliance and the Business control team during the budget and forecasting phases of the year
- You coordinate the development and maintenance of the company’s internal control environment and perform yearly testing, walkthroughs etc. as stipulated by the Universal Music Global controls & compliance team.
You meet these professional requirements:
- You have completed your bachelor’s degree, and ideally your master’s degree, with a focus on finance (business administration, economics, industrial engineering) with above average grades
- You have at least three years of full-time work experience in an accounting and/or audit role. Experience from one of the big 4 audit firms is a plus
- You have experience from IFRS- and K3 accounting standards and have been exposed to Swedish corporate tax
- You have, either worked or been exposed to financial systems (experience in Hyperion Financial Management / Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC Planning is a plus but not required), or a willingness to develop the skill
- You speak English and Swedish fluently
Your abilities and personality:
- You are communicative, a strong team player, and able to build relationships quickly across all organizational levels
- You have analytical, problem solving, and structural skills and can apply those in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments
- You are efficient and have an eagerness to learn and grow in your role
- You feel comfortable with a diverse and creative environment, are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
And that’s how we are:
- We are a team with a constant desire to advance the Universal Music project and to venture into new territory
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- We love to communicate openly across all hierarchies and teams
- Diversity and tolerance – human and musical – are important to us
The position is permanent (with a 6-month probationary period). Our office is centrally located in Stockholm.
Please send your CV as soon as possible as we are interviewing continuously. We look forward to hear from you!