Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with offices in more than 60 territories. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Universal Music Sweden’s AMPLIFY department is UMG’s in-house Digital Marketing & Insights Hub. The Data Analyst position will be a part of the Analytics team embedded within Amplify. The focus of the Data Analyst will be on supporting data projects across the organization with a particular focus on reporting and transforming data from a number of audience and commercial platforms, so that the output can feed into further process e.g. Machine Learning, reports and dashboards. This role will help equip teams across the organization with improved data capabilities and will help implement strategic data projects, as well as support day to day ad-hoc requirements. This may include building and maintaining data solutions, new workflows and ensure timely and accurate delivery of data across the business.
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure analytics projects and/or tools;
- Work with different teams to find opportunities to apply data knowledge and experience to improve the teams’ day-to-day processes using data, e.g. finding ways to eliminate manual work, coaching non-technical users as needed to embed new ways of working;
- Visualise data and communicate clear and engaging dashboards and reports.
- Support stakeholders with ad hoc analysis;
- Ensure smooth handover of reports and dashboards as required: ensuring processes are repeatable and well documented;
- Develop complex SQL queries for reporting and analytic purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical subject such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or similar work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office package (powerpoint, excel, outlook);
- Fluency in a querying language (SQL, Hadoop/Hive);
- 1+ years of post-university experience in an analytical role;
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with the modern data stack and cloud technologies – ideally GCP;
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and results to non-technical stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a field such as Machine Learning, Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Economics;
- Knowledge in scripting or computing language (Python, R etc.);
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service;
- Experience in project management roles with multiple stakeholders.
The position is permanent and based in Stockholm. You report to Head of Amplify.
Please send your CV as soon as possible as we are interviewing continuously. We look forward to hear from you!