Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Universal Music Sweden’s AMPLIFY department is our new supreme in-house Digital Marketing & Insights Hub. We Amplify World-Class Content through Algorithm Hacking & Optimization, Advertising, Non-traditional Promotion/Influence and much, much more. Do you love using Data and Analytics tools to find the perfect audience or using your own custom-built scripts discovering the next trend or mega-hit?
We are now looking for our next Superstar in Insights & Analytics!
In your day 2 day, you will be diving deep into our 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data lakes (and sometimes bringing them together) to deliver actionable insights to all of our teams using readily available tools, but also creating your own models using programming and scripting. We love data and got lots of it. To be a successful candidate you need to be able to possess both hard and soft skills. As you sit in a central team we need you to communicate to and empower all of our teams for Insights- and Analytics success and understand their needs. We also need you to be familiar with and able to execute hard skills such as scripting using SQL, programming and data visualizations. We also have an Audience First Strategy and want you to mirror that too.
If you have what it takes you will be joining a new team that has a start-up mentality and you will be part of building something new and innovative from the ground up.
- Delivering deep analysis and surfacing audience data beyond the ”normal” tools readily available on streaming and social channels.
- Producing actionable insights for track performance and artist developments, guiding our teams constantly forward with a data-driven strategy.
- Analyzing our advertising and modeling our marketing mix to find the most optimal way to spend budgets for maximum ROI.
- Aid in the acquisition, visualization, development, automatization, and incorporation of data, products and tools that can be used among various UMG departments by taking into account current needs and anticipating future needs of different departments based on company goals, as well as music, media and technology trends.
- Explain complex problems appropriately in relation to the audience. Must feel comfortable presenting tools, reports, and projects to peers, artists, and management at various levels of data expertise.
- Build guides and train direct reports and other stakeholders in tools, best practices and data products developed in-house and globally.
- Be a subject matter expert in all things related to data, analytics, and insights with regards to trends, resources, best practices, internal UMG and third-party tools.
- Music business experience desirable and a strong understanding of streaming music KPIs or Audience Analytics.
- Deep knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research and data science methods (e.g. regression analysis, forecasting or focus groups) and ability to choose the appropriate approach to the problem, as well as an ability to tell a story using data.
- Strong presentation and project management skills. Due to working with international teams regularly, fluency and comfort in presenting in English.
- The ability to query large and complex relational databases accurately and efficiently using SQL.
- Experience using any programming language (preferably Python or R) for data extraction, manipulation, cleansing, and statistical modeling.
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights, and guidance to defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio or Domo.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and any experience with data engineering, workflow automation, or building/hosting web applications using tools such as Google Cloud Composer, Apache Airflow or Google App Engine.
- Experience with various music & media APIs such as Spotify, YouTube or Facebook.
We have the ambition to fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. If you think this sounds exciting, send your application in Swedish or English as soon as possible.