Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Universal Music Sweden’s AMPLIFY department is our new supreme in-house Digital Marketing & Insights Hub. We amplify world class content through Algorithm Hacking & Optimization, Advertising, Non-traditional Promotion/Influence and much, much more.
In this role you will be spearheading the Insights and Analytics team which is an integral part of AMPLIFY and will supply best in class actionable insights to build innovative marketing plans as well as guiding the business at large to new business ventures.
To be a successful candidate you need to be master both hard and soft skills. As you will be sitting in a central team, we need you to lead and empower all of our teams for Insights- and Analytics success and understand their needs. We also need you to be familiar with and able to execute on hard skills such as scripting using SQL, Programming and Data visualizations.
If you have what it takes you will be joining a team with a start-up mentality and be able to build something new and innovative from the ground up.
- Develop strong relationships with the other departments within Universal Music Sweden by incorporating data analysis into regular processes and special projects in order to foster a culture of data and increase the understanding of data though out the organization.
- Aid in the acquisition, visualization, development, automatization and incorporation of data, products and tools that can be used among various UMG departments by taking into account current needs and anticipating future needs of different departments based on company goals, as well as music, media and technology trends.
- Explain complex problems appropriately in relation to the audience. Must feel comfortable presenting tools, reports and projects to peers, artists and management at various levels of data expertise.
- Collaborate with the other analytical teams in the Nordics and globally to create new KPIs, benchmarks, hypotheses, theories, tools, and discoveries in insights & analytics and present the results to key stakeholders at Universal Music in the form of reports, presentations and workshops.
- Build guides and train direct reports and other stakeholders in tools, best practices and data products developed in-house and globally.
- Manage and provide analytics support for a team of analysts and disseminate tasks appropriately based on their skillsets, developmental goals, and organizational priorities.
- Be a subject matter expert in all things related to data, analytics and insights with regards to trends, resources, best practices, internal UMG and third party tools.
- Deep knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research and data science methods (e.g. regression analysis, forecasting or focus groups) and ability to choose the appropriate approach to the problem, as well as an ability to tell a story using data.
- Strong presentation and project management skills. Due to working with international teams regularly, fluency and comfort in presenting in English is required.
- The ability to query large and complex relational databases accurately and efficiently using SQL.
- Experience using any programming language (preferably Python or R) for data extraction, manipulation, cleansing and statistical modeling.
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights and guidance to loosely defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio or Domo.
- Music business experience and a strong understanding of trends in media and technology, especially with relation to the music industry.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and any experience with data engineering, workflow automation, or building/hosting web applications using tools such as Google Cloud Composer, Apache Airflow or Google App Engine.
- Experience with various music & media APIs such as Spotify, YouTube or Facebook.
- Previous experience in sales, branding, marketing or another customer/people focused area.
We have the ambition to fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. If you think this sounds exciting, send your application in Swedish or English as soon as possible.