Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
At Universal Music Sweden we always strive to find new marketing models to better serve our artists and further expand our market share. Our finance and royalties team with 10+ individuals is an integral part of this mission.
Effective immediately we are looking for a Controller & Business Analyst at our offices in Stockholm. In this position you report to the Head of Finance Operations and work closely with the Senior Director Finance & Strategy Universal Music Sweden & Central Europe.
Your main responsibilities:
- You are in constant exchange with the operational parts of the business and independently create and develop detailed and meaningful analysis that allow to implement the company’s strategic goals
- Planning the budget and ongoing forecasting are just as much part of your work as is monitoring and interpreting our monthly financial statements
- You strategically develop the finance area with regard to analytics, process controlling and process optimization
- You review artist deal proposals and provide guidance with regards to financial modelling
- You proactively challenge and improve the ways that financial performance is measured
- You support various stakeholders across the business with ad-hoc analysis and take part in special projects
You meet those professional requirements:
- You have completed your bachelor’s degree, and ideally your master’s degree, with a focus on finance (business administration, economics, industrial engineering) with above average grades
- You have at least three years of full-time work experience in a similar role
- You are very familiar with the common MS Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- You are familiar with accounting and reporting tools and can navigate SAP FI / BW or similar accounting software
- You speak English fluently and are ideally at least proficient in Swedish
Your abilities and personality:
- You are communicative, a strong team player, and able to build relationships quickly across all organizational levels
- You have analytical, problem solving, and financial modelling skills and can apply those in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments
- You feel comfortable with a diverse and creative environment, are self-motivated and want to take on significant responsibilities
And that’s how we are:
- We are a team with a constant desire to advance the Universal Music project and to venture into new territory
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- We love to communicate openly across all hierarchies
- Diversity and tolerance – human and musical – are important to us
We are looking forward to your application!