Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Music Strategy is Universal Music Sweden’s brand new department responsible to ensure that the artist’s vision reaches the audiences in its full potential, in a creative, strategic and effective way.
Catalog Manager’s responsibilities will include overseeing strategic campaign initiatives in streaming platforms, editorial playlist curation and digital marketing campaigns. You are a perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams, as well as a creative mind with understanding of music and how it changes people’s lives.
Your goal will be to ensure that content is served in a strategic and creative way to increase our company’s market share. Strategic content management and merchandising is also crucial for this position as you’ll be responsible for finding opportunities for catalog content merchandising in all streaming platforms.
- Create and drive marketing campaigns that activate catalog content and secure that Universal Music has the best in class catalog strategy
- Build new catalog opportunities within the local and international levels that are not currently activated and drive campaigns.
- Create a broad and strategic playlist portfolio, ensuring that we cover all our international and local catalog.
- Secure that your efforts are aligned and support the market share goal set by the company is reached and maintained
- Drive the catalog presentation and campaigns with streaming platforms.
- Make sure that the departments within the company that might support your goals are informed and activated to make sure the campaigns are successful.
- Give valuable insight for catalog content and activation strategy internally to all departments that might take advantage of it
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years experience in the Music Business or relevant market
- Have a great understanding of cultural trends and be able to translate it into campaign opportunities
- Have great organizational and creative skills.
- Knowledge of digital communication
- Excellent communication skills
- Content management and merchandising skills
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a competitive and collaborative environment
- Fluent knowledge of Swedish and English both written and spoken