Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Music Strategy is Universal Music Sweden’s brand new department responsible to ensure that the artist’s vision reaches the audiences in its full potential, in a creative, strategic and effective way. We are looking for our new superstar colleague – Music Strategy Manager – to coordinate efforts in an account management role and work in the absolut front of the developments in the music industry.
As a Music Strategy Manager your responsibilities will include creating great relationships with our key streaming partners and making sure we are their number one partner as well as overseeing strategic campaign initiatives in streaming platforms. You are a perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams, as well as a creative mind with understanding of music and how it changes people’s lives.
Your goal will be to ensure that content is served in a strategic and creative way to increase our company’s market share. Strategic content management and merchandising is also crucial for this position as you’ll be responsible for finding opportunities for content merchandising, streaming platforms surfaces and marketing tools.
Who are you?
You are a highly collaborative person with outstanding communication skills. You are a hybrid of tech savvy and creative sensitivity as well as able to maintain professional relationships with trust and transparency. You are a person who is curious, forward-leaned, and a trend spotter who understands how to adapt new ideas to music business. You have a deep understanding of music and how streaming platforms work, knowing how to navigate them and what makes them tick.
- Secure market share targets on main digital partners (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, TikTok, Soundcloud)
- Build and guarantee that Universal Music Sweden has the strongest relationship with digital partners
- Be responsible for strategy and update of releases towards streaming partners
- Develop and execute successful streaming campaigns for artist/season/cultural happenings
- Work closely with Local and International marketing teams to support product releases
- Secure opportunities to promote and increase catalog exposure
- Have a great understanding of cultural trends and be able to translate it into partnership opportunities
- Have great organizational and creative skills
Experience & Skills
- Proven experience as account manager or partnership manager
- Knowledge of digital communication
- Interest in the tech landscape and knowledge about cultural trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Content management and merchandising skills
- 5 years experience in the music business or similar
- Great organisational and creative skills
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a competitive and collaborative environment
- Fluent knowledge of Swedish and English both written and spoken