Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. We have been writing music history for over 100 years representing numerous local and international artists across all genres. Our accomplishments are driven by our love for music, extraordinary artists, and our ambitious team.
As a company we strive to be a full-service partner for our artists and labels where the Export team is responsible of setting and implementing the global strategies for launching and developing our domestic artists and tracks around the world. We are now looking for a Project Manager to the team. The position is a fixed-term contract up to 2 years, with good possibilities for extension.
Your key responsibilities:
- Create and implement global strategies for our Swedish artists
- Develop, grow and break Swedish artists internationally
- Oversee and manage all project dates, deadlines, and tasks related to the assigned artist roster.
- Be the daily liaison with artist management and our local Universal Music offices
- Represent Universal Sweden on various international promotion trips with our artists
- Build relationships with global partners such as Spotify and Apple
- Work with external PR companies to help build our artists
- Work closely with internal departments such as domestic, A&R, creative labs, and digital marketing, to create global campaigns
- Report on project development both internally and with management
- Assist with the managing of total budget and for each marketing project, and maintain marketing budgets and monthly forecasting for all active projects
- Coordinate album and single specific promotions
- Ensure on-time delivery of all marketing assets for releases or campaigns by coordinating deadlines, video content and other marketing materials for all projects.
- Support in all areas handling marketing responsibilities including financial reports, sales analysis, presentation decks, legal affairs, etc.
- Assist with all artist and marketing-driven events. May include booking artist travel and communication, securing venues, and coordinating internal meetings
- Regular pulling of data from internal and external industry sources to ensure consistent information flow
Your professional profile:
- Experience in global music marketing
- Excellent organizational & project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high pressured environment
- Ability to analyze data and insights to follow up, determine and execute the next steps for a project
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing market landscapes
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels internally and externally
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Who we are:
- Music embodies emotion, creativity, adventure, tradition and innovation at the same time – as a team we pursue the constant desire to advance the Universal Music project
- Diversity, mutual appreciation and tolerance – both human and musical – are essential for us. Therefore, diversity and inclusion are constantly supported and promoted by People, Inclusion & Culture and our Better Together initiative
- We live an open communication and thrive as a team – for this purpose we meet at eye level with an informal ”you” across all hierarchies
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- Together we take responsibility, even beyond our daily business, which is why we are actively committed to more sustainability and environmental protection through our Sustainability Workgroups
You want to become part of our team? Then apply as Project Manager export. The position is a fixed-term contract up to 2 years based in Stockholm and available effective from January 2022. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please send your documents (letter of motivation, CV, references) in English and state your earliest starting date.