Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
At Universal Music Sweden we always strive to find new marketing models to better serve our artists and further expand our market share. Our finance and royalties team with 10+ individuals is an integral part of this mission.
Effective immediately we are looking for a Senior Manager Accounting & Governance at our offices in Stockholm. In this position you report to the Head of Finance Operations and work closely with the Senior Director Finance & Strategy Universal Music Sweden & Central Europe.
Your main responsibilities:
- You oversee financial transaction processing and reconciliations within the company, and ensure that robust controls are in operation and workloads are managed effectively
- You lead on the annual statutory year-end requirements, agreeing timetables and responsibilities with all involved, with the primary focus being to achieve a clean audit
- You lead on technical accounting compliance requirements, developing knowledge throughout the team and with other directorates where appropriate to ensure compliance
- You perform VAT & Income tax returns
- You manage the relationship with our outsourced service provider, ensuring that processes and controls are continuously reviewed against SLAs
- You support the Head of Finance Operations with cashflow forecasting models that support strategic business plans
- You review and authorise the monthly payroll process, working with the Financial Accountant and HR in maintaining an efficient service
- You coordinate the development and maintenance of the company’s internal control environment
You meet those professional requirements:
- You have completed your bachelor’s degree, and ideally your master’s degree, with a focus on finance (business administration, economics, industrial engineering) with above average grades
- You have at least three years of full-time work experience in a similar role. Experience from one of the big 4 audit firms is a plus
- You are used to working with the IFRS- and K3 accounting standards and Swedish corporate tax
- You have proficiency in financial systems (i.e. Hyperion Financial Management / Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC Planning), or are open to develop it
- You speak English fluently and are at least proficient in Swedish
Your abilities and personality:
- You are communicative, a strong team player, and able to build relationships quickly across all organizational levels
- You have analytical, problem solving, and structural skills and can apply those in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments
- You feel comfortable with a diverse and creative environment, are self-motivated and want to take on significant responsibilities
And that’s how we are:
- We are a team with a constant desire to advance the Universal Music project and to venture into new territory
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- We love to communicate openly across all hierarchies and teams
- Diversity and tolerance – human and musical – are important to us
We are looking forward to your application!