Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Music Strategy is Universal Music Sweden’s brand new department, responsible to ensure that the artist’s vision reaches the audiences in its full potential, in a creative, strategic and effective way. We are looking for our new superstar – SEO Manager – to coordinate efforts and work in the absolut front of the developments in the music industry.
As a SEO manager your responsibilities will include onsite and offsite optimization and keyword expansion research as well as overseeing strategic playlist initiatives in streaming platforms. You are an analytical and perceptive professional who is a skilled communicator and able to collaborate with various teams, as well as a creative mind with understanding of music and how it changes people’s lives.
Your goal will be to ensure that content is search-engine friendly and optimized to increase our company’s market share. Strategic content management and merchandising is also crucial for this position as you’ll be responsible for finding opportunities for content merchandising based on SEO data. You need to be capable of making data based decisions and applying it to creative solutions.
Who are you?
You are a highly collaborative person with an innovative and creative mindset. You are a hybrid of data analysis and creative sensitivity. You are a person who is curious, forward-leaned, and a trend spotter who understands how to adapt new ideas to music business. You have a deep understanding of music and how streaming platforms work, knowing how to navigate them and what makes them tick.
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies for streaming platforms with an emphasis on Spotify and YouTube
- Conduct keyword and apply keyword research in content packaging
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Initiate new content strategy based on SEO data for music in playlist format
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends
Required Experience & Skills
- Proven experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights, and guidance to loosely defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects
- Excellent communication skills, fluency, and comfort in presenting in English is required
- Content management and merchandising skills
- Fluent knowledge of Swedish and English both written and spoken
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Some experience using any programming language (preferably Python or R) for data extraction, manipulation, cleansing, and statistical modeling
- Experience from the Music Industry is a big plus
- Experience with various music & media APIs such as Spotify, YouTube or Facebook
This position is a fixed-term or consulting contract with the possibility of becoming a full-time hired position in the future.