Are you a data professional with a strong interest in music and digital streaming services?
Do you seek international exposure? Do you seek a data-driven strategic role a fast-paced, inclusive and thrilling environment?
Then we invite you to apply for our new openings in our Dutch office in Hilversum!
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Amplify Team
Amplify is Universal Music Sweden’s Full Stack Digital Marketing Department. We Amplify World-Class Content through Algorithm Hacking & Optimization, Digital Advertising, Non-traditional Promotion/Influence Activation and more. At our core is Data & Insights which fuels our initiatives and helps us understand how to best Amplify our artists and their music.
Are you a data enthusiast with a strong passion in music? Streaming for hours, collecting beautiful vinyl in your closets and big fan of that one artist? We get it, we are the same!
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join a newly open position bridging between the Swedish and the Dutch analytics department. While you will report to the head of Amplify in Sweden, you will be located in our Hilversum office, with the possibility of travel to Stockholm based on needs.
You will work on large-scale projects as well as daily ad-hoc tasks to generate key insights to drive our strategy, with particular attention to streaming and audience analytics.
Understanding big data processing frameworks and previous experiences in a data scientist role is a must for the position.
- Maintaining existing analytical tools
- Developing new tools for predictive analytics and reporting purposes
- Deployment of tools across the organization
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or Swedish is a plus)
- Proficiency in descriptive and inferential statistics
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one programming language (Preferably Python; Knowledge of R is a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Cloud Computing and SaaS applications (experience with BigQuery is a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in deployment/productionizing of ML models, building end-to-end pipelines, and related tools (Apache Airflow, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Previous experience with data extraction, transformation, and processing
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning Algorithms
- Experience with data visualization tools is a plus
Soft Skills / Traits
- Strong communication skills: you are comfortable in presenting your work and findings to different audiences, and tailor your communication style accordingly
- Detail-oriented: you are a perfectionist in your coding style and aware that a wrong assessment could make the difference between winning and losing
- Collaborative and team-player: you are comfortable with teamwork, both in person as well as online
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: you are accustomed to work with tight deadlines and with “wicked” problems
- Interest in music and/or streaming services: while not strictly necessary, you will be surrounded by music and music lovers on a daily basis, we hope you will make the best out it!
This might be the best job ever: a varied, independent, and challenging position in the heart of an international, creative and informal organization where there is plenty of room for initiative and self-development. The workload averages 40 hours/week.
We have our own, unique collective labor agreement which includes excellent terms of employment (including, amongst others, an excellent pension scheme; but also, unique arrangements regarding holidays, concert tickets, vinyl and music services!).
In addition, we have organized home working very well (yes, also when COVID-19 has left the building).
We will provide you with an industry competitive salary, which will be highly dependent on the candidate’s background but is somewhere between €2,500 (starter) and €4,000 (experienced) gross per month. The contract will start (by default) with a temporary agreement, but will be converted to a permanent position.
Does it sound like this is the right job for you? Then apply here
We are looking forward to hearing from you!