Universal Music is Sweden’s and the world’s leading music company with representation in 71 countries. With legendary labels such as Def Jam, Capitol Records, Interscope, Island Records and Virgin EMI, Universal Music has a unique mix of new talents, established artists and superstars.
Amplify is Universal Music Sweden’s Full Stack Digital Marketing Department. We Amplify World-Class Content through Algorithm Hacking & Optimization, Digital Advertising, Non-traditional Promotion/Influence Activation and much, much more.
We are now looking for our next Superstar in Digital Strategy & Tactics to join our Insights & Analytics Team.
As a Digital Strategy & Tactics Manager, you supply our company with day to day tactics designed to help our artists grow on digital platforms using data-driven approaches. You work with Amplify and our Project Managers to make sure that we bet on the right tracks, at the right moment, using the best fit growth strategies.
You will also be a driver in Innovation and will take part in future proofing our company, by always knowing what’s around the corner, through research and actively participating in our global forums.
Amplify consists of 4 different teams: Insights & Analytics, Media & Advertising, Influence & Activations, and finally Audience & Engagement. With these teams by your side, you will have access to a wide array of tools to be used in your tactical creations, through highly collaborative efforts. We work in unison and always try to play the same rhythm.
Who are you?
You are a highly collaborative person (we are a central team) with a Growth Hacker- and Tactical Mindset. You are quick to action ideas and used to work in a sprint oriented environment. You love to share and educate, making easy to understand (and pretty) presentations and visualizations that make data actionable and easy to read. You are a person who is curious, forward-leaned, and a trend spotter who understands how to adapt new ideas to our own business. You have a deep understanding of Music Streaming Platforms and Social Media Outlets, knowing how to navigate them and what makes them tick.
The Tech Side of the Role
You will have access to readily built state of the art insights dashboards, analytics tools, and like-minded colleagues all over the world, but as our raw data is hosted in BigQuery you might need to tap into the richness of data points and tables through scripting or programming as you go deep in our data lake to find answers.
What is your special skill set? What can you bring to the table? Do you have new ideas and want to innovate? Not checking all the boxes, but have superpowers that could add color to the role? The job description can be molded into a customized role for the right candidate.
- Find opportunity tracks and suggest actions based on predictive and prescriptive analytical models/ideas developed by you.
- Monitor effects of Digital Marketing and suggest tweaks and improvements.
- Support Amplify Team with KPI tracking for campaigns and reporting and take Analytical Lead in Special Projects.
- Create New Playlist Tactics based on SEO and User Trend Data.
- Dissect and understand how to ”tickle” the Digital Platform Algorithms to favor our artists.
- Find new business opportunities and areas of interest through data-driven research methods.
- Present New Music Streaming & Consumer Trends to the company.
- Support our A&R Team in finding new emerging talents and genres of interest.
Experience & Skills
- Experience from the Music Industry a big plus. Background in Tech, R&D, Consumer-Facing Companies, Consultancy beneficial.
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research and data science methods (e.g. regression analysis, forecasting, etc) and ability to choose the appropriate approach to the problem, as well as an ability to tell a story using data.
- Strong presentation and project management skills. Due to working with international teams regularly, fluency, and comfort in presenting in English is required.
- The ability to query large relational databases accurately and efficiently using SQL.
- Some experience using any programming language (preferably Python or R) for data extraction, manipulation, cleansing, and statistical modeling.
- Ability to provide data-driven, analytical solutions, insights, and guidance to loosely defined problems and work autonomously and time-efficiently on various projects.
- Future-oriented, used to research and assess new trends in digital landscapes.