Terms and Conditions for Competitions
- We will contact the winner in person by phone, letter, e-mail or social media. Therefore, we may need your name, surname, address, phone number, email address and social media username, as applicable. In connection with the announcement of the winner, we may publish the winner’s name, surname, city or social media username on our website and in our social media.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of Universal Music employees, unless otherwise stated. The decision is final and Universal Music has no obligation to justify its decision. Each prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. The winner is responsible for payment of applicable taxes related to the prize. If, after reasonable efforts, Universal Music is unable to get in contact the winner by means of the contact information provided by the entrants, or if the winner do not meet the requirements to participate in the competition, Universal Music is entitled (if possible) to select a new winner in the competition.
- Employees at Universal Music and their immediate family members may not enter any competition.
- Universal Music accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any technical difficulties or problems that may affect the competition entry or the result of the competition.
- By entering a competition, you assign all copyright in the entry to Universal Music. This means that Universal Music have the right to assign the entry to others and to use the entry worldwide, in any way whatsoever within Universal Music’s normal activities and in accordance with Swedish law and good practice.
- You warrant and undertake that you are the originator of the entry and that the entry is not in conflict with or in breach of any third party intellectual property rights or do not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Universal Music reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, entry or person without notification, if Universal Music believes in its sole discretion that the entrant or entry is in breach of these terms and conditions, or if the entry is deemed illegal, offensive or otherwise ethically or morally inappropriate. In the event of any dispute over the terms, behavior or result and in respect of all matters to do with the competition and/or redemption of prizes, Universal Music’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be initiated.
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden and any legal dispute shall be settled exclusively by Swedish courts, with Stockholm District Court (Stockholms tingsrätt) as the first instance.
What personal information do we process about you and why? How long is the data stored?
- The personal information you provide about yourself in connection with a competition entry will be processed in order to administer the competition, to communicate competition results where relevant and to deliver prizes. Our legal basis for the treatment is that it is necessary for us to collect and use this information for the performance of our agreement with you in accordance with our competition rules. In cases where you are liable to pay tax, our legal basis for processing your information is that processing is necessary for us to comply with applicable laws.
- The personal data we process about you is information that you yourself provide to us; name, email address and telephone number, as well as other personal information that you have provided in your entry. If this information is not provided, you will not be able to enter the competition since we cannot administer the entry, contact the winner and deliver prizes without the details. The information is retained until the competition is completed and the winner is announced. The information in our social media will remain until you ask us to delete your personal data.
- If you consent to and register to receive newsletters from us, we will save your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
Who can access your personal information?
- Your personal data is processed by us at Universal Music and in some cases with named third parties if the competition is in collaboration with such parties. Universal Music do not in general transmit your personal data outside the EU / EEA area.
- If we transfer your personal data out of the EU/EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring, where required by law, at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
– countries that offer an adequate level of data protections as determined by the European Commission;
– using standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission which provide the same protection of personal data as in the EU/EEA; or
– transferring personal data to the United States, only if the recipient has joined the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles by Registration on U.S. Department of Commerce Privacy Shield List.
What rights do you have to influence how we process your personal information?
- You have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal data. To exercise your rights, you are welcome to contact us. In order to protect your privacy and personal information, we may require you to verify your identity.
- You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
– to request access to the personal data we hold and process about you;
– to require us to update or correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal data; and
– to request that we delete your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent data protection authority, in Sweden it is The Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen).